The Solar Homestead is Appalachian State University's entry in the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the early settlers in the mountain region of North Carolina, we have designed a self-sustaining zero energy home.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Decathlete of the Week!

Craig Autry

Classification: Building Science, Senior

Job Title: Construction Team Member, specialization in plumbing installation

Joined team: January 2011

How did you get involved? "Ed Pavia talked to me in one of our classes and he encouraged me to join the team in January."

Best Part? "The experience! I have learned a lot about carpentry from working with the rest of the awesome construction team and I feel like I contribute knowledge about plumbing. So it is a win win!"

What do you like to do outside the team? "I really do like to work, but I also like to fish and hang out with my family and friends."

Favorite movie?: Scarface

Do you have a team nickname? K.O.E. of "King of England" "The first time I met Travis I broke the ice and said "king of England, nice to meet you."


We would like to thank Craig for all of his hard work, his dedication to plumbing rough-ins in our Flex-OM and putting in the extra effort when the team needed you. Thank you for being such a wonderful volunteer!

No comments:

Post a Comment