The Solar Homestead is Appalachian State University's entry in the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the early settlers in the mountain region of North Carolina, we have designed a self-sustaining zero energy home.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Decathlete of the Week!

Stacy displays the wooden table she worked hard to complete!
Stacy Dixon

Job title: Furniture designer

Area of study: Double major Industrial Design concentration in Product Design / Building Science concentration in Construction Management and Business minor

When did you join the team: April 2011

How did you get involved? "I knew about it, and I needed an internship, and I was curious if they needed any help with furniture designing. They did so it sounded GREAT to me."

Stacy smiles for the camera at one of the weekly cookouts!
What do you like to do with your free time away from Solar Homestead? "I work full time at Kilwinn's, so that is what I have been doing all summer, but if i had time I would like to go hiking or go to the beach."

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate peanut butter and key lime pie. I like to mix them together."

Favorite Pandora station? Biggie Smalls :)

Stacy, the Solar Homestead team would like to thank you for all of your hard work on all of the furniture design, construction back in the high bay, and general dedication to the team. We can't wait to share all of your creative endeavors on the National Mall!













No comments:

Post a Comment