The Solar Homestead is Appalachian State University's entry in the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the early settlers in the mountain region of North Carolina, we have designed a self-sustaining zero energy home.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Decathlete of the Week!

Jen Howell
Jen holding a giant light saber like a true Star Wars fan!

 Job Title: Graphic Designer

Area of study? Interior Design

When did you join the team? May 2011

What made you want to get involved? "The Solar Decathlon is such an amazing opportunity and I just wanted to be a part of it."

What is that giant pink thing by your desk? "I came in one morning after my birthday and the construction boys had used a 13ft roofing tube to create a giant lightsaber for me because I am the resident Star Wars nerd."

Jen takes a break in one of the makeshift chairs!








If you were a Star Wars charter which on would you be? "I would be a Tauntaun. They are my favorite beast from Star Wars and they always have been since I was little."


Hobbies? I like to hang out with my dog, reading, cooking, and painting, and that is pretty much all I have time for."

What has been your favorite Solar Homestead project? "I really enjoyed the take away, but all of it has given me the opportunity to interact with so many different people and help graphically represent such a phenomenal project."

Congratulations Jen! Thank you for sharing your talent and time on the Solar Homestead. Your dedication to the project has and will continue to have a huge impact! Keep up the great work and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment