The Solar Homestead is Appalachian State University's entry in the U.S. Department of Energy Solar Decathlon 2011. Inspired by the pioneer spirit of the early settlers in the mountain region of North Carolina, we have designed a self-sustaining zero energy home.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Decathlete of the Week!

Laura Clark


Classification: Construction Management, Undergraduate Senior

Job Title: Project Management Team
Joined the Team: January 2011


How did you get involved?
“Dave came and talked to my class about the project one day, and when I heard the news and saw the excitement of Appalachian State being accepted in the The Solar Decathlon 2011, I
just knew I had to be involved.”


The Best Part?
“I really like working with everyone else on the team and
getting real life experience from it.”

Outside the Team?
“I like to be in my hammock while reading a book, and do anything outdoors.”

Would you rather?
 Be a giant hamster or a tiny rhino? “Probably a tiny rhino because baby rhinos are SO CUTE! Oh, and I could run around and stab people in the ankles.”

Favorite Overlook?
“Wiseman’s View because at night mysterious lights flicker in the woods.”

The rest of The Solar Homestead team would like to congratulate and thank Laura for her hard work. Laura has volunteered her time to work all-nighters when needed, helping finish a new model and contribute to all of the teams on The Solar Homestead project in addition to her work on the Project Management team. Thank you Laura for being such a valuable member of our team!






No comments:

Post a Comment